Knights Templar Priests
The Holy Royal Arch Knight Templar Priests or Order of Holy Wisdom
From 1894 the Order continued under the Grand Council of the Allied Masonic Degree, until by mutual consent it separated and became the Grand College. Grand College had its first meeting on 15 May 1924 in Newcastle upon Tyne but has since move to York, where it remains to this day and is the headquarters of the Order, from which it administers the Order in England, Scotland, Wales, parts of Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and many other parts of the Commonwealth and South America. Within these countries the Order is divided into two hundred and thirty five Tabernacles formed in 47 Districts. These are numbered with a geographical designation in brackets, – thus District No. 5 (Kent).
The head of the Order within a District is the Grand Superintendent and he is assisted by a District Director of Ceremonies and, possibly, a District Recorder, although in many Districts, as the secretarial role is light, the secretarial work is carried out by the District D.C. The “Lodges” are known as Tabernacles
The Order is a Christian Order and a candidate for membership must be a subscribing installed master in the Craft, a subscribing member of a Royal Arch Chapter and a Knight Templar. Most of the work within the Tabernacles during the course of a ceremony consists of readings from the Scriptures, with only two or three sentences to be learned and only the occupant of the chair, the Very Eminent High Priest and the Conductor (equivalent of the Senior Deacon) have much to learn.
Regalia consists of a white tunic (the same as a Knight Templar), a plain white mantle and a mitre.
There are six Tabernacles meeting within the area of the Masonic Province of East Kent.
The nearest for members of Loyal and True is the Chatham Council No 54, at Manor Rd. Chatham.
Meetings are held on the third Monday in April and October.
Name: Stephen J Turner
Position: District Recorder
Telephone: 020 7233 8157
Email: Steven Turner